The committee which paved the way for the formation of the Rotary Club of Oak Ridge was composed of E. Frank Garratt (chairman) and Julian Morton of the sponsoring Knoxville Rotary Club, Colonel John S. Hodgson, Executive Officer of the U.S. Engineer Corps, and Clint N. Hernandez, a Rotarian from Yonkers, New York.
The organizational meeting was December 11, 1945.
Charter night banquet was March 22, 1946.
The charter members were S. W. Anderson, A. H. Blankenship, A. A. Carswell,
C. E. Center, Dr. Fred R. Conklin, S. T. Davis, A. H. Gossard, J. Hoyt Mason,
Frank F. Molteni, C. J. Ott, L. F. Overstreet, H. M. Sherrod, Earl B. Spencer,
Dr. M. D. Whitaker and Col. J. S. Hodgson.
History files for years 1981 and up require the Free Adobe Reader.